Friday, April 22, 2016

Quilting: Hexagons


I recently became obsessed with hexagons due mostly to Wild Olive's love of them and in the summer of 2015 I started what I'm sure will be a 10 year endeavour. I want to make a diamond hexagon king sized quilt that I intend to hand quilt. The hexagons are 2 inches point to point and each of these motifs takes 25 individual hexagons. Thus far I have finished 21 diamond motifs although I might omit one of them - as the colours are too bright in comparison to the rest of the colours and patterns. Each motif takes me 2 hours to hand stitch together - after I have already basted the fabric around a paper hexagon so this really might take me 10 years to finish.

The motif on the left is the one I might end up omitting from the quilt as it doesn't quite match the colour 'style' of the rest of the diamonds. I really love the motif on the right.
Total: 21 motifs completed

No comments:

Post a Comment